A weekly summary of trending news & commentary for busy talent acquisition technology execs and professionals.
Don’t miss The TAtech Leadership Summit on Programmatic Ad Buying on June 5-6 in Minneapolis, Minnesota USA – the only conference for both publishers and advertisers that is totally focused on the technology and applications of programmatic ad buying for talent acquisition.
Getting hired in Google sounds amazing given the alluring pay and being immensely adept in one to many skills, but it can be one hell of a daunting process. As told in the words of Laszlo Bock, former Senior Vice President of People Operation for Google, “good grades don’t hurt“, but for Google “GPAs and test scores are worthless as criteria for hiring“.
Prakhar Tripathi, Why Does Google Reject Thousands Of Resumes Automatically Every Week?, DazeInfo, April 10, 2018
Movers & Shakers
Thad Price, CEO of Talroo.com, and Richard Collins, CEO of ClickIQ.co.uk, will be Co-Chairing the 2019 TAtech International Working Group on Traffic Quality.
Job Boards, Social Media Sites & Recruitment Advertising
CareerBuilder was one of the early testers of Google’s cloud-based machine learning solution (Google Cloud Job Discovery) on its main job site and is now fully migrating over to the solution. This means the search on the site is now completely powered by Google Cloud Job Discovery — “transforming the industry standard for job search and further advancing CareerBuilder’s leadership in end-to-end solutions for hiring and managing talent.” Google Cloud is also providing the search functionality for CareerBuilder’s 4,000 talent networks. Source: HR Tech News
Greenwood Global Enterprises, a privately owned, diversified company based in North Carolina, today announced the private beta launch of PrivateService.Jobs℠, the world’s first and only premium job board for private service professionals that exclusively lists $100K+ jobs. Founded by Curtis M. Greenwood, former chief of staff and executive aide to world-famous media moguls, PrivateService.Jobs features full-time, part-time, and temporary jobs for assistants, estate managers, housekeepers, nannies, butlers, private chefs, chauffeurs, domestic couples, yacht & aircraft crew, security personnel, and more. All listed positions, many of which are unique to the website, pay the equivalent of $100,000 USD or more per year. Source: Media Release
Sourcing, Matching, Assessing, Communicating (SMAC) Technology
For the first time, students at all 44 universities and colleges in Ontario can benefit from online learning courses available on Lynda.com, a LinkedIn company. Through a collaboration between LinkedIn, eCampusOntario and Ontario’s Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development (MAESD) more than one million postsecondary students, faculty and staff in Ontario can now access world-class learning content by Lynda.com. Lynda.com, a company acquired by LinkedIn, is now part of LinkedIn Learning, and helps anyone learn business, technology and creative skills to achieve personal and professional goals. By combining Lynda.com’s best-in-class content with LinkedIn’s data and insights into how jobs, industries, organizations and skills evolve over time, institutions and individuals in Ontario can better identify the skills they need to create new pathways to opportunity. Source: Media Release
AI & Machine Learning
Two former product wizards from Facebook and Google are combining Silicon Valley’s buzziest buzz words — search, artificial intelligence, and big data — into a new technology service aimed at solving nothing less than the problem of how to provide professional meaning in the modern world. Founded by chief executive Ashutosh Garg, a former search and personalization expert at Google and IBM research, and chief technology officer Varun Kacholia, who led the ranking team at Google and YouTube search and the News Feed team at Facebook, Eightfold.ai boasts an executive team that has a combined 80 patents and more than 6,000 citations for their research. The two men have come together (in perhaps the most Silicon Valley fashion) to bring the analytical rigor for which their former employers are famous to the question of how best to help employees find fulfillment in the workforce. It’s a big goal, and it’s backed by $24 million in funding provided by some big-time investors — Lightspeed Ventures and Foundation Capital. Source: TechCrunch
Standards & Best Practices
Led by Co-Chairs, Thad Price and Richard Collins, TAtech is launching the next phase of the TAtech International Working Group on Traffic Quality. Click here to see the Declaration on Traffic Quality produced by the first phase. If you’d like to be a part of this unique group that is setting definitions and standards for online recruitment advertising, please contact Peter Weddle at email@example.com. The Group is open to all publishers worldwide.
TAprose and TAtech Global News Bulletin are brought to you by TAtech: The Association for Talent Acquisition Solutions.
Mark Your Calendars! TAtech’s 2018 events include:
• February 12-13, 2018 Scottsdale, Arizona USA: The TAtech Leadership Summit on AI/Machine Learning in Talent Acquisition – the only conference totally focused on the capabilities and impact of AI/ML/NLP in recruitment. See you next year!
• March 13-14, 2018 Dublin, Ireland: TAtechEurope 2018 – the premier event for recruitment advertising and technology thought & business leaders in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. See you next year!
• April 18-19, 2018 Las Vegas, Nevada USA: The TAtech Spring Congress & Meetup – a unique conference designed to maximize opportunities for B2B networking, trending topic discussions and the exploration of partnerships and business opportunities. See you next year!
• June 5-6, 2018 Minneapolis, Minnesota USA: The TAtech Leadership Summit on Programmatic Ad Buying – the only conference for both publishers and advertisers that is totally focused on the technology and applications of programmatic ad buying for talent acquisition.
• September 26-27, 2018 Bourbon Street New Orleans, Louisiana USA: The TAtech Fall Congress & World Job Board Forum – the Global Economic Forum of recruiting, this event brings together thought & business leaders from job boards and all other talent acquisition technology solutions companies around the world.