Welcome to TAtech: the Association for Talent Acquisition Solutions
We are the trade association for the worldwide community of organizations that provide technology-based tools for recruiting.
Collectively, our membership powers or operates on-line products and services for every facet of talent acquisition. We are digital media companies and publishers, job boards and social media sites; we are ATS companies and recruitment advertising agencies, and mobile app developers and ad buying networks, to name just a few.
The mission of TAtech is to provide the information, research, networking opportunities, advocacy and support that will help our Members realize their organizational goals and achieve real and sustained success. We accomplish this mission by:
- Providing highly focused and intimate forums for thought leadership and collaboration in the design, development and delivery of technology-based talent acquisition capabilities;
- Supporting business transactions and the establishment of strategic partnerships and alliances among TAtech Members and others in the talent acquisition solutions industry;
- Delivering educational programs and up-to-the-minute information on the latest technological and business innovations and ideas;
- Facilitating introductions and networking among Members as well as peer-to-peer discussions of industry issues and opportunities;
- Supporting the development and dissemination of best practices, industry standards and business definitions;
- Conducting research on the industry and its technology, customers, marketplace, key performance indicators and other topics related to business success; and
- Advocating for the industry with employers and recruiters, active job seekers and passive talent, government agencies (e.g., OFCCP) and regulatory bodies (e.g., ICANN).
The TAtech Declaration on Traffic Quality is the first-ever industry standard for reporting performance in online recruitment. It is a voluntary publisher self-evaluation, developed by an international Working Group established by TAtech. Its goal is to bring accuracy and transparency to traffic measurement for the online job advertising industry. To see the publishers that have signed the Declaration, click here.
TAtech began as the International Association of Employment Web Sites (IAEWS) in 2007. Its mission was and remains to serve as the global trade association for the industry that provides technology-based talent acquisition products and services to employers and recruiters.
During its early years, the association devoted itself to serving job boards, association career centers, aggregators, job ad distribution companies and the vendors that work with and support them. On that foundation, it has now built a community that includes organizations offering solutions for every facet of talent acquisition, from employment branding and talent community development to recruitment advertising and programmatic ad buying, from interviewing and assessment to candidate communications and compliance.
Since its earliest days, the association has provided its Members with a unique venue for educational programs, peer discussions and networking, industry research, the formation of partnerships and alliances and doing business with one another. It conducts the premier conferences for the talent acquisition solutions industry and celebrates its thought and business leaders with the Recruiting Service Innovation Awards.
In addition, the association has proactively advocated for its Members with both government agencies and regulatory organizations. It makes sure that the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) hears their views of impending policies and directives. And, it has interceded on their behalf with the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names & Numbers (ICANN) when that organization introduced an expansion of the .jobs sponsored top level domain.
The association was founded by Peter Weddle who remains as its CEO. Peter was one of the very first to explore the impact of technology and especially the Internet on talent acquisition and career advancement. He has written or edited over two dozen books and been a columnist for the interactive edition of The Wall Street Journal and National Business Employment Weekly. He is also a sought-after speaker and has presented to corporate and professional groups throughout U.S. as well as in Australia, Canada, Hong Kong, Malaysia, and the United Kingdom.
Today, TAtech counts among its Members, organizations that power or operate over 60,000 sites worldwide and offer an ever expanding array of innovative products and services for talent acquisition. From startups to global enterprises, from commercial companies to professional associations, from digital media companies to mobile apps, they are the sources of success for both employers and recruiters and the men and women of the global workforce.
TAtech is a privately-held, membership-based for-profit trade association serving the talent acquisition solutions industry.
CODE OF ETHICS
As leaders in their industry, TAtech Members have developed and adhere to a Code of Ethics that covers all aspects of their operations.