CHICAGO (September 2, 2015) – The American College of Surgeons (ACS) today announced the launch of Surgery Career Connection, a new career center that connects surgeons across all disci-plines and career stages with employers offering career opportunities. Surgery Career Connection is powered by YourMembership, the leading provider of job websites and career centers for organiza-tions that serve specialized members.
“Providing our members with opportunities for professional development and career growth are core to our mission to serve the surgical profession,” said Patricia L. Turner, MD, FACS, Director, ACS Division of Member Services. “Our members and Fellows are highly appealing to employers because they’ve demonstrated a commitment to the highest levels integrity and training,” she continued. “YourMembership’s technology and sales support will ensure that our website serves our members and Fellows by providing a clear connection with healthcare organizations that value and seek the skills, expertise, certifications and training they have to offer.”
In addition to serving as a robust source of up to thousands of surgical job opportunities, the Surgery Career Connection will be set apart by a number of benefits it offers to surgeons and employers, in-cluding:
• The ability for surgeons to post anonymous resumes, allowing them to be recruited while remaining in complete control over which employers view their complete information.
• A variety of options for employers to expose jobs to passive job-seeking surgeons who do not visit job boards, including Jobs Flash emails to ACS members and integration into ACS’s publication platforms.
• Integration of job content into social media channels to engage surgeons and provide valua-ble job exposure to ACS’s audiences and relevant users of Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and other social channels.
• Extensive employment brand advertising opportunities for employers.
• A mobile-responsive environment to ensure job seekers have an optimal experience regardless of device being used.
• The ability for surgeons to be alerted every time a new job becomes available that matches their personal goals and interests.
• Integration of career resources, training and other benefits offered by ACS to surgeon mem-bers.
• The ability for job seekers and employers to gain exposure throughout YourMembership’s network of nearly 2,500 niche Career Centers.
“The American College of Surgeons is a world-class organization whose members and Fellows are an integral part of the country’s healthcare delivery system,” said Tristan Jordan, Senior Vice President, YM Careers. “Surgery Career Connection is an innovative gateway that matches the right healthcare providers with the right surgical talent to help keep surgical facilities well-staffed, and surgical pro-fessionals’ careers moving along a professional path that meets their goals.”
For more information, please visit: https://surgeonjobs.facs.org.
Established in 1998, YourMembership is a privately held company that helps associations, organiza-tions, publishers, and other companies around the world provide more value to their users, drive or-ganizational revenue and growth through career centers and buyer’s guides, as well as increase their relevance through innovative engagement and learning tools, and enhance overall operational effi-ciencies. As the world’s largest provider of membership and association management software, YourMembership provides comprehensive membership solutions to over 4,300 customers in 32 countries with 20 million members served globally. Headquartered in St. Petersburg, Florida, YourMembership has additional offices in Chicago, Illinois; Austin, Texas; New London, Connecti-cut and Peterborough, United Kingdom. For more information visitwww.YourMembership.com.
About the American College of Surgeons
The American College of Surgeons is a scientific and educational organization of surgeons that was founded in 1913 to raise the standards of surgical practice and improve the quality of care for surgi-cal patients. The College is dedicated to the ethical and competent practice of surgery. Its achieve-ments have significantly influenced the course of scientific surgery in America and have established it as an important advocate for all surgical patients. The College has more than 80,000 members and is the largest organization of surgeons in the world. For more information, visit www.facs.org.